Sunday, July 5, 2009

#99

CATCH A FIREFLY

After my friend, Jessica, crossed this off of her list, a little fire was lit underneath me to get it done as well. After all, you really only see fireflies on warm nights and the end of summer is quickly approaching. I remember trying to figure out how (and where) I was going to get this done. Turns out, I didn't have to do any planning.

So I just had a thought. And it still continues to amaze me how God has revealed things to me through this list. I mean, here it is... 16 days AFTER I caught the firefly when I am finally getting around to posting on the blog and something that happened today just hit me while I am writing this. I had a whole other story posted but I'm feeling like this is a bit more important. So here we go...

Today (7/21), I had the opportunity to have lunch with four amazing young ladies who I have either taught or met through friends who I had the privilege to teach. We had some wonderful Greek food and sat on the steps of the gazebo at the Historic Courthouse in Downtown Lawrenceville. After catching up on summer plans and back to school plans the discussion moved to faith. Questions we had and things we have come to learn.

It's amazing how encouraged I get in my walk by talking to these young ladies. The reason why I bring this up is because the topic came up about 'best laid plans'. I was trying to devise plans to catch a firefly and God just did it His way. Isn't that always the case? We try so hard sometimes to keep things the way we want them. We spend countless hours until we have our life completely figured out. And then, God throws us a perfectly executed curveball. Reflecting on where I am in my life right now and where I thought I would be as a 30-year old woman... I am amazed. My life is nowhere near perfect. I still get sad and cry (more than I'd like to admit). Through all the bumps, bruises and broken hearts, I have never felt more loved - and overwhelmed by it - in my life.

He didn't always give me what I wanted but He always gave me what I needed.
Turns out, what I needed was what I always wanted but never knew it.
(Try saying THAT three times real fast) :)

TASK #99 ... COMPLETED 7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment