Wednesday, July 8, 2009

#22

LEARN TO MAKE AN ETHNIC DISH

One of my faults is always thinking I'm doing or have done something wrong. This trait is pretty prevalent when it comes to cooking (especially cooking something new).

Seriously, how pathetic is it that the first thing I say when I put a dish down is, "tell me what it's missing." I guess it's a defense mechanism. Maybe the sting won't be as bad if I already say that there's something wrong with it. I have this crazy idea that I have to be good at EVERYTHING the first time I do it and I'm not great at taking criticism. Deadly combination, I know.

What I need to do is learn to take advantage of the opportunities that mistakes afford me.
What I need to do is stop saying, "Tell me what it's missing."
What I need to do is start by saying something positive like "I hope you enjoy it" or "Bon Appetit" or "I hope you don't die" ;)







TAS
K #22 ... COMPLETED 7/7

No comments:

Post a Comment