Friday, July 3, 2009

#60

HIT A GOLF BALL 50 YARDS
As much as I hate to admit this, I get frustrated easily. I want to be good at everything the first time I try it. It's something that I just need to come to grips with.

Things take time and definitely anything that is worthwhile. It's that whole instant gratification thing. Having everything ... yesterday.

Jason wanted to go to the driving range and knew it was on my list so he asked me if I wanted to go. Heck yeah! I had already tried (and failed) twice at crossing #12 (make a funky cake) off my list and it was the one thing that kept me from being half way done by the end of June.

It didn't take long before I hit the golf ball 50 yards but I couldn't do it consistently. Some of my shots were down right atrocious. I think one of the comments was "Well, at least you got it off the platform." Ugh!

He was patient and tried to give me tips. And I couldn't understand why golf is called "A Gentleman's Game." I wanted to be anything BUT a gentleman (well, a lady). A whole rainbow of words was rattling around in my head - and a few that escaped my lips. There were a few times where I just said, "That's it. I'm done."

Of course, a few minutes after I cooled off I was ready to go again. Finally, Jason realized that I wasn't turning my hips on the backswing. As soon as I did that, I was hitting everything. Not perfectly and not 200 yards but I was consistently hitting the ball. It felt great. I wasn't a lost cause. I just needed a little tweaking.



TASK #60 ... COMPLETED 7/3 OFFICIALLY HALFWAY DONE WITH THE LIST!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment