Sunday, July 5, 2009

#12

MAKE A FUNKY CAKE (TEDDY GRAHAMS @ THE POOL)

This turned out to be a whole lot harder than I thought. It took me three times (third time's the charm, right?) to make this stinking cake. First, I didn't let the Jell-O chill long enough so the liquid went straight through the cake making a big puddle. Next, the cake fell apart when I took it out of the cake pan. FINALLY... I let the Jell-O chill and it came out great. The Jell-O thickened a little too much so the pool looked like it had waves in it but it still looked pretty darn good if I do say so myself. (And I do!) This picture is just of the pool with the graham cracker diving board.

It was so much fun to step out of the conventional cake baking and try something new. I might have failed (twice) but you only truly fail if you quit! (I can't take credit for that one. It's part of a quotation on a poster I have in my classroom.)

It was a hit at housechurch. Next time, I'm going to get fruit roll ups or fruit by the foot to make beach towels! AND... get little paper umbrellas. Do I have any volunteers for the next one? :)

TASK #12 ... COMPLETED 7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment