Saturday, February 6, 2010

#1 Eat an oyster

EAT AN OYSTER

Tonight was date night. J and I hit up a new place called Floataway Cafe and decided to go all out. Appetizers, drinks, dessert. I noticed oysters on the menu and we decided to go for it. For an oyster eating virgin like myself, our server recommended going for the "beau soleil oyster on the half shell with champagne mignonette*". Don't worry. I have no idea what it means either. The best part is that the asterisk actual leads you to fine print "*contains raw shellfish". Really?!! hahahaha...

Anyhow, it was pretty tasty. Not at all like a big glob of snot (which is what I have been led to believe most of my life). We followed it up with crab fitter (like a little taste of heaven), quail (absolutely amazing), and a lemon pudding cake (felt only slightly sinful). Actually, that's what J had. Well, I guess I know what to order next time!


(Picture to be posted shortly. Hint, Hint)



TASK #1 ... COMPLETED 1/29

1 comment:

  1. wow girl. you are brave... i still haven't gotten the nerve to eat oysters. i am such a texture-eater, i'm kind of afraid to try...... good for you!!

    ReplyDelete