Friday, January 1, 2010

#14 Skip Stones

SKIP STONES



Today, the kids and I met the Moats' along with another family at Freeman's Mill Park. We went down by the dam to explore. We all had such a great time. All the kids started skipping stones. One of the Moats twins had a grand skip of seven!! I often wonder how I ever lived my life at the mall. It seemed every weekend went like this: "What should we do today?" "I don't know. I guess we'll just walk around the mall." Boy was I missing out.

It had been years since I tried to skip stones. Today I had one amazing skip (about 6). Just today in general was a good list worthy day. The kids and I went with some new friends and another family we don't know well to go to a new park. Especially watching Katy today was amazing. She wanted to climb everything and explore everything. She wasn't afraid of getting dirty and didn't worry so much about getting hurt. I was so proud. A list worthy day for her as well (if she had a list).

It was after all this that I decided skipping stones was list worthy. J and I do not have our 100 things listed out yet but today was definitely worthy of it.

Thanks to the Moats' there is some video evidence and the first thing for 2010 is now complete. :D


TASK #14 ... COMPLETED 1/1

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome! i don't know how to skip stones... you'll have to teach me. :)

    ReplyDelete